Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pub quiz(es) 4-11, 4-12-06

Categories:
1) Rebel, Rebel 12 pts
2) The Devil, the Haymarket, and the White City 12 pts
3) Elementary, My Dear Watson 11 pts
4) Bizarro World 16 points
5) Dead or Canadian Autobot or Decepticon 10 pts
6) Pictures 15 pts
7) General Knowledge 24 pts

Who's in tonight? How bout' Wednesday at the Local Option?

UPDATE: I paid my taxes over a year ago! finished in fourth place, 9 points away from third place due to a brutal round on atomic weights. Unfortunately the atomic weight of Bolognium was not asked. (Correct answer: Delicious. Also acceptable: Snacktacular.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Germanicu$ said...

I have been struck down by a nasty stomach bug, and won't attend tonight. I'll likely be better tomorrow, but the Local Option's pub quiz was pretty lame compared to the Globe's, so I'm out on that too.

2:10 PM  
Blogger mkchicago said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better. I think I had that bug the day of our support Denmark rally. Knocked me completely on my ass. I'm planning on going tomorrow provided they mail out the bonus questions.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Germanicu$ said...

I've known a bunch of people who have had this one-day stomach bug in the last few months. Apparently it's still around.

Bloody shame - I'd probably do quite well on category #2. Ah, well. Next time.

3:01 PM  
Blogger mkchicago said...

"I've known a bunch of people who have had this one-day stomach bug in the last few months."
I can second that. Seems to be taking it's time lingering all winter. In my case it was only a 12 hour bug, but they were not fun hours.

I've read Devil in the White City as well as City of the Century, so hopefully I can pick up your slack.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Germanicu$ said...

My absentee vote for team name: Maya Buttreeks (although Amanda Hugginkiss or Anita Bath would also be accepted)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Notobamasfool said...

Many apologies for my continued absence. Am I to infer that you, Mark, all by your lonesome, conquered all but three of the other teams? Get on with your bad self.

8:25 AM  
Blogger mkchicago said...

Would that I could. There were 4 of us. (I've been recruiting.)

I did push for Amanda Hugandkiss, but in the end the timeliness of I paid my taxes over a year ago! won out.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home