Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So Long, Joe

It's not really a joyous occasion, but I'm glad to see Joe go--not so much because he's been less rational with regard to this war than Republicans Chuck Hagel and Lindsay Graham, but because it's a signal that Democrats may finally be learning to adopt Ronald Regan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of another Democrat, or in this case, make a career of going on FOX-RNC TV, insinuating that criticizing the president is nearly treasonous, and dumping on your own party.

This is a huge black eye for the ad consultantocracy that has led Democrats from defeat to further defeat over the past two decades

2 Comments:

Blogger Germanicu$ said...

This, sent to me compliments of Jeff, finally nailed what I haven't been able to put my finger on: that Joe Lieberman looks and acts exactly like Willy from the TV show ALF. God, how I miss that alien's insightful social commentary. Better even than a Ted Rall cartoon.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Notobamasfool said...

I agree that Lamontian politics is more electable in New England, Illinois, and California. I believe it's quite weaker everywhere else. If the Dems are content with making blue states even bluer, then they will do very well with Lamontg. If they want to retake the houses of Congress, I don't see it as working.

I do find it refreshing, however, whenever anyone actually believes something quantifiably different from his opponent during a Democratic primary.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home