Monday, January 16, 2006

Anti-Feminist Defending



Mark Levin, in his lame little NRO blog:


Over at Amazon.com, my dear friend Kate O’Bierne has become an obvious target of an organized campaign by so-called feminists to degrade the rating of her book – Women Who Make the World Worse : And How Their Radical Feminist Assault Is Ruining Our Schools, Families, Military, and Sports – by posting absurd personal attacks as reviews. Clearly most of those posting reviews haven’t read Kate’s book.
Read them yourself. And she has already received nearly 300 reviews, a remarkably high number in such a short period of time. Hence, the clear indication of an organized campaign to trash the book. I wish Amazon had a better way to rate a book than this.



By "better," I assume he means filtered of their obstreperous left-wing slant. Given the democratic nature of the reviews, where anyone can write whatever the hell they want (recall a particularly well-wrought whopper by one of our own), Mark Levin may as well just give up the sour grapes and get busy shifting the balance of power back to his side, by posting reviews of Michael Moore books.

Must admit, the sarcasm dripping from this leadoff review elicited a chuckle:

I found many truths in Mrs. O'Beirne's book, truths so self-evident that I have to wonder why no one has stated them until now. For instance, how could anyone argue with her assertion that feminists exploit female war casualties to "advance the feminist agenda of androgyny and abortion." Even I have to admit that every time I hear that another woman has been sacrificed in our glorious Iraq adventure, I'm tempted to tell my wife, Ofjoshua, to throw on a pair of jeans, head for the nearest women's health clinic, and help them slaughter a whole passel of blastocyst-Americans.

ZING!!! Claims of "Absurd personal attack" notwithstanding, I, like 4422 of 4517 people (as of this writing), found that review extremely helpful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notobamasfool said...

"I have long thought that if high-school boys had invited homely girls to the prom we might have been spared the feminist movement."
Kate O'Beirne

Give it to them, Kate! Sorry here's where I (very hypocritically) shine in all of my ass-holery. I have met way too many 300 pound hausfraus just mortified that the government wants to put it's rosaries on their ovaries. They like to have bumper stickers that say "just say no to sex with pro-lifers," as if any pro-lifer with visual acuity would think THAT to be a good idea.

The assumption, never spoken, is that if you want to score with the hot gal over in the art department you have to adopt every form of feminist lunacy, whereas my college reality was that the conservative I married was by far the best looking of the bunch.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home